Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Week 9

I haven't yet finished destroying all the documents that passed their retention periods, so I continued doing that this week. Unfortunately, my mentor and I have not been able to meet with the workers who are supposed to instruct us on scanning the documents, nor have I received all the numbers I need to complete my cost analysis besides the storage, retrieval, fuel, entry, and trip charges. We will meet with them personally during my next shift and hopefully get all the numbers I need, as the cost analysis is the last thing I need to complete.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Shabab. After working with your SRP for the past 9 weeks, what would you say would be the most valuable thing you've learned or taken out of the experience?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I already suspected that the electronic record system resulted in more savings than paper record keeping. But what surprised me was how much time it actually takes to set up and learn to use such a system, as well as what must be done to remedy these issues.

      Delete